Our vision for teaching for learning is to:
- Equip every student with the knowledge, metacognitive skills and behaviours necessary for outstanding performance in national qualifications and successful progression to university, apprenticeships and meaningful employment.
- Build a deep understanding and common language around how we learn, so that we can explicitly teach students the metacognitive skills they need to regulate, monitor and guide their own learning.
- Bring together the best available evidence around memory and learning into a coherent set of actionable principles that all teachers leverage to ensure exceptional student progress.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement in which it is every teacher’s professional obligation to improve their practice.
- Provide personalised, evidence informed CPD to focus the development of teachers on aspects of their practice that will have the greatest impact on their students.